- BodyBio Gut+ is our ultimate gut health supplement, formulated with Preforpro prebiotics and tributyrin, a time-release form of butyrate.
- The prebiotic + postbiotic combo in Gut+ allows the gut ecosystem to regulate itself better by gently pruning away unwanted bacteria and nurturing the good bacteria you already have.
- This is a more comprehensive strategy than trying to identify one or a few probiotic strains that may not achieve the therapeutic effect you’re looking for in your gut. Taking probiotics is like playing the lottery and hoping for a big win, instead of making steady investments over time that grow your wealth (or in this case, a healthy microbiome). That’s why we left probiotics out of Gut+.
- If you already know and love BodyBio Butyrate, don’t worry, it’s not going anywhere. We just wanted to create a superpowered version that takes advantage of the newest advancements in supplement formulation. This is Gut+.
We all know these days that gut health is the foundation of your overall health and wellbeing, yet more people struggle with it than ever.
Difficult to manage issues like bloating, gas, constipation, leaky gut, chronic infections like candida, and inflammatory bowel disease are becoming more and more (distressingly) common, even if you’re doing everything “right.” If you have more complex gut concerns — or you want to prevent them — basic interventions like probiotics probably won’t cut it.
Do any of these sound like you?
- Gut health is your #1 health concern.
- You feel sick and tired — and sick of being sick and tired.
- You don’t want to take 15 different supplements for your gut, you just want one that does it all.
- You blow up like a hot air balloon after every meal (no matter what you eat!)
- You’re afraid every time you go out in public because of weapons-grade farts. 😬
- You’re fighting the good fight by eating healthy, managing stress (as well as you can), exercising — and still nothing’s changing.
- You’re over probiotics and other basic gut supplements that don’t give you the relief you need. (Like, you’re chucking old supplement bottles in the garbage can as we speak.)
This is why we developed Gut+ — your expertly formulated prebiotic + postbiotic gut health solution — probiotics not required.
In this article, we’ll discuss all the benefits of Gut+ and break down the science-backed reasoning behind its formulation. We’ll also talk about BodyBio Butyrate (don’t worry, it’s not going away!) and how to know which one you need.
Table of Contents:
- What is Gut+ and What’s in it for You?
- The “Why” Behind Gut+ Prebiotics and Postbiotics, NOT Probiotics
- Preforpro Prebiotics
- Tributyrin vs. Butyrate
- Wait, What About BodyBio Butyrate?
- BodyBio Butyrate vs. Gut+: Which is Best for Me?
- What’s in it for my Cellular Health?
- A Few Gut+ FAQ’s
- How Gut+ Stands Out From the Crowd
What is Gut+ and What’s in it for You?
Gut+ is a professional grade prebiotic + postbiotic (butyrate) supplement, designed to support your healthiest gut with just one daily capsule.
What’s not in Gut+ is just as important as what’s inside each capsule. You won’t find any probiotics here. We’ll get into the specifics of why that is below, but let’s dig into some of the Gut+ benefits first.
Here are some of the results you can expect with the powerful formula in Gut+:
- Supports a healthy digestive tract*
- Supports normal gut health and gut functions*
- Promotes optimal overall health by supporting normal gut microflora*
- Stimulates the proliferation of beneficial bacteria that live in a healthy colon*
- Promotes a healthy immune system and immune function*
- Supports a healthy urinary tract*
- May relieve occasional stomach discomfort*
- May relieve bloating, gas, and other digestive symptoms*
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response*
- Supports a healthy metabolism*
- Promotes cognitive function and mental clarity*
- Supports a healthy sleep cycle*
Gut+ is our dream gut health supplement. We wanted to create an even better solution for daily gut health than our tried-and-tested BodyBio Butyrate. Butyrate is still an excellent gut health supplement (and if you love it, don’t worry, it’s not going anywhere), but a ton of advances in supplement formulation have happened since we developed our butyrate decades ago.
It’s time for an upgrade. Which is why we sought out the best prebiotic and postbiotic formulations for Gut+. But NOT probiotics. Here’s why.
The “Why” Behind Gut+: Prebiotics and Postbiotics, NOT Probiotics
Over the last ten years or so, we’ve all been led to believe that probiotics are the greatest gut health supplement of all time. While they have helped many people gain short-term relief from common gut symptoms like gas, bloating, and urgent trips to the bathroom, probiotics are not necessarily the cure-all solution we’ve been told they are.
Dr. Jason Hawrelak, ND, PhD, has been researching probiotics extensively for over 20 years. He explains that it's a common misconception that probiotics are able to “reseed” or repopulate the gut. At this point, oral probiotics can only temporarily colonize the gut.
Another common misunderstanding is that all probiotics have similar therapeutic effects, but different strains can have remarkably different effects. Dr. Hawrelak advises caution to consumers and to clinicians wanting to use probiotics in their practice.
When we take random species of probiotics, we don’t really know what these species are doing to our microbiome. It’s possible to take too many probiotics or the wrong probiotics — and end up creating an even greater imbalance of microorganisms in the gut than where you started. We don’t know yet how these gut imbalances from too many probiotics may impact our long-term health.
Fortunately, the solution is simple. Our gut is smart, and the microbiome is totally capable of regulating itself when given the right tools. Those tools are prebiotics, which nourish our existing probiotic community in the gut, and postbiotics like butyrate, the fuel for gut cells. When we combine the right pre– and postbiotics, we don’t need added probiotics that may contribute to further imbalance.
Dr. Hawrelak states that “dietary prebiotics are unequaled in their capacity to optimize the gut ecosystem,” and “have a much more profound and sustained effect.”
So let’s talk about the prebiotics that we chose for Gut+.
Preforpro is a next-generation prebiotic that:
- Works faster than fiber
- Requires a lower quantity than traditional prebiotics (again, fiber) to have a therapeutic effect
- Is not starch or fiber-based (see ya, gas and bloating 👋 )
- Is clinically proven to help your microbiome flourish
How is this possible? Preforpro is a bacteriophage, which sounds kind of intimidating, but phages are just submicroscopic bundles of DNA or RNA surrounded by a protein shell. Phages are already a key part of our natural world, occurring in soil, water, humans, and fermented foods.
Bacteriophages have one purpose: to consume targeted species of bacteria. Each bacteriophage has its own bacteria that it knows to munch on. (Think PacMan!)
Preforpro targets unwanted bacteria in the gut, leaving room for the probiotic bacteria already there to flourish and thrive. This has been clinically proven in both in-vitro and in-vivo studies, including human clinical trials.
That’s how you get a healthy and robust microbiome, no extra probiotics required.
Tributyrin vs. Butyrate
The second key component of Gut+ is tributyrin, an advanced form of the postbiotic short-chain fatty acid we have championed for years — butyrate.
Why choose tributyrin over our current butyrate formula? A few reasons.
Most importantly, it doesn’t smell.
Chemically, tributyrin is actually a precursor to butyrate, with three butyrate molecules and one glycerol molecule. This structure allows it to remain biologically inactive throughout its journey to the colon, meaning it can’t be used by the body until we get it where it needs to be. Once in the colon, it is broken apart by lipases (fat digesting enzymes). The lipases free the three butyrate molecules from the glycerol molecule and they become biologically active.
Wait, What About BodyBio Butyrate?
Don’t worry, if you still love and use butyrate to support your gut health, it’s not going anywhere. We simply wanted to offer a version that takes advantage of the newest innovations in supplement formulation.
Many of our practitioners still rely on BodyBio Butyrate as a secret weapon in their gut repair toolkit, and we’re committed to providing it for the patients who need it. We also recognize that there may be times when BodyBio Butyrate is preferred over Gut+ as an introductory supplement to test out the power of butyrate in your gut.
You can find Calcium/Magnesium Butyrate and Sodium Butyrate here.
BodyBio Butyrate vs. Gut+: Which Is Best for Me?
If you’re unsure which option is right for you, BodyBio Butyrate or Gut+, here’s a handy chart breaking down some of the differences.
If your practitioner has prescribed butyrate for your gut health, please continue to take Butyrate as prescribed. If you’re interested in trying Gut+, consult your practitioner first before adding another supplement to your routine.
As with all of our products, Gut+ is formulated with the most powerful ingredients. Free from all common allergens, glyphosate, and any other junk you wouldn’t put in your body. Just the good stuff.
What’s in it for my Cellular Health?
Besides nourishing the gut lining and supporting the microbiome, the tributyrin form of butyrate is specifically designed to reach your cells, not just in the colon but throughout your body. Since tributyrin remains intact throughout its journey to the gut and then absorbs quickly into the bloodstream through the gut lining, the healing power of butyrate is efficiently distributed to your cells.
That’s what we call wellness on a cellular level.
A Few Gut+ FAQ’s
Do I still need to consume dietary fiber while taking Gut+? Gut+ is not a replacement for eating fruits, vegetables, whole grains, starches, and other kinds of healthy fiber. But, if you currently have trouble tolerating fiber in your diet, taking Gut+ may help shift your microbiome so that you can digest more of these foods.
Are probiotics bad? No, we just think they’re a little overhyped and may have more unintended side effects than we’ve all been led to believe. Plus, they don’t work for everybody. Nourishing your microbiome with prebiotics and postbiotics encourages balance across your whole gut ecosystem, allowing the microbiome to regulate itself.
Should I take Gut+ instead of butyrate? That’s a conversation for you and your HCP to have. Especially if you’re already taking butyrate for your gut health, consult your HCP on whether Gut+ is right for you.
Can I take Gut+ while breastfeeding/ with my chronic condition/ etc.? Again, that’s for you and your HCP to decide, especially if you are taking medication or currently undergoing medical treatment.
How Gut+ Stands Out From the Crowd
- NO unnecessary, ineffective, or potentially dysbiosis-causing probiotics
- The latest in prebiotic technology with Preforpro, a prebiotic bacteriophage that targets unwanted gut bacteria and allows your natural probiotics to flourish
- Tributyrin, a time-released variety of butyrate that nourishes the gut lining AND gets into the bloodstream for distribution to your cells, supporting cognitive function, insulin regulation, and a healthy immune system
- Just one daily capsule, any time of day, with or without food
- As with any BodyBio supplement, we never include unnecessary fillers, additives, or harmful junk you wouldn’t want in your body.
We can’t wait for you to try it for yourself! Sign up for our email list to know as soon as Gut+ launches.